Staff Software Support Engineer
Rolling Wireless is an international company with 20+ years of experience in developing cellular modems and software for automotive market. We are worldwide the largest 2nd Tier supplier of cellular modems to the automotive industry.
Working at Rolling Wireless is joining a multicultural team at a high-growth organisation.
We are hiring a Staff Software Support Engineer in Munich or Paris.
Rolling Wireless is hiring a Staff Software Support engineer to provide software-related product expertise, system integration knowledge, software development skills in the customers activities: technical support and advanced engineering. You will be the software technical interface between Rolling Wireless and our automotive customers to triage tickets, analyze, investigate, propose ways to reproduce, work with R&D, and propose solutions.
Provide SW-related product expertise, system integration knowledge, SW development skills in the customers activities: technical support and advanced engineering.
- Set pertinent reproduction scenario of the issue reported by the Customer and confirm if it is Customer design or RW core platform related; drive the customer to share the right information
- Support the questions, issues, requirements and other issues related to SW project reported by customer or the RW quality department and monitor them through our database
- Lead investigation or investigate the issue in close collaboration with other team members or platforms development engineers to make sure the most optimized solution will be integrated for each issue reported
- Provide detailed explanations to the Customer of what the problem was, and which solution has been implemented
- Communicate investigation progress at regular intervals to the Customer
Improve knowledge base
- Manage technical notes for each ticket closed (Root Cause, Domain, Resolution, …)
- Create/update relevant documentation to prevent customers to face similar issues in the future
- Create application notes for guiding the customers on key features
- Doing self-training proactively on new technologies that will appear/be used in our market and by our customers
- Coordinate regularly with the team members and peers to increase the knowledge database
- Overview in Linux system (Yocto environment, GitHub…) and generic components (RootFS, Network/IP,.)
- Overview about security and vulnerabilities of Linux systems
- Knowledge in Telecom Systems (2G – 5G), and in Telecom Specificities (SMS, TCP/IP, VolTE, QoS, IMS, …)
- Overview in eCall and ERA Glonass solutions
- Overview in GNSS solutions
- Overview in hardware platforms and wireless peripherals (CAN, UART, SUB, SPI, I2C, ….)
- Skills in SW/HW investigation procedures (Fault Tree Analysis/Fish bone/ 5 Whys)
- Experience and autonomy in issues investigation/resolution
- Experience in carrier certification
- Customer oriented
- Fluent in German
- Good English communication
- Good skills in documentation writing/review
- Skills in SW project management
- Experience with SW quality processes to ensure best practices usages
- Synthesis mind, and reporting skills
Munich or Paris
See more open positions and apply