Director, Supplier, Manufacturing & Product Quality
Rolling Wireless is an international company with 20+ years of experience in developing cellular modems and software for automotive market. We are worldwide the largest 2nd Tier supplier of cellular modems to the automotive industry.
Working at Rolling Wireless is joining a multicultural team at a high growth organisation.
We are hiring a Director, Supplier, Manufacturing & Product Quality in Suzhou.
- Driving quality at our EMS and component suppliers.
- Mission is zero factory defects escaping to our customers.
- Ensuring new products in development pass the applicable gates in compliance with quality requirements, and proper reliability levels.
- Drive end-to-end product change management.
- Ongoing oversight of all factory activities, along with audits and recovery plans as needed from our suppliers.
- Ongoing oversight of all change management (PCN) from suppliers to Customers.
- Ongoing oversight of all reliability testing and product quality in NPI & MP.
- Implement Production Quality Strategies
- Ensure all aspects of Quality / Support and other team responsibilities are addressed to meet customer’s satisfaction
- Ensure Customer complaint and concern being addressed properly - also followed through to customer’s satisfaction; 8D reports
- Management of manufacturing quality processes, including FAI as directed through FAI SOP, Supplier Qualifications, as directed through SOP, collateral Qualifications, as directed through SOP
- Management of customer qualification processes (like, but not limited, to Customer audit of our factory)
- Manage the Global Supplier & Manufacturing Quality team based in Asia
- Insure Supplier & Manufacturing Quality to standards through audits and direction; and FAI Process
- Drive Continuous improvement of mfg.; Insure preventative and corrective action to issues at manufacturing
- Project management of issues with manufacturing or suppliers
- Review and analyze Quality metrics, insure improvements through corrective actions
- Address Rolling Wireless opportunities and issues with CMs, Suppliers
- Facilitate and ensure open communications of information between CMs, Suppliers, Rolling Wireless internal & other team members
- Be on top of all Supplier’s PCN notifications. Coordinate with Program Line Manager & Supply chain action plan to address the supplier PCN. Monitor new/replacement parts R&D qualification. Prepare Customer PCN notification with PLM & Customer Quality team
- Maintain PCN management system & metrics for proper information sharing through the organization
- Monitor NPI products gate review to make sure they comply with quality requirement per each APQP & NPI gates. Make sure lesson learn are integrated by R&D in product design & validation (HW & Software)
- Negotiate Global supply agreement (GSA) and or Master quality agreement (MQA) with our suppliers to get best T&C for Rolling Wireless to match Automotive business requirements
- Address claims to suppliers and negotiate cost compensations for issues recovery
- Define and update Reliability testing (Product qualification, & factory ORT) to match automotive business requirement
- Implement Customer assembly support strategies. Define the Customer Process Guideline (CPG), Organize customer support workshops. Make our products easy to assemble for our customers
Degree in Engineering or related disciplines
At least 10 years of experience in Automotive, Components or Wireless industry, in Engineering, Development or Quality with regular use of quality tools such as problem solving methods, FMEA, MTTF, Audits, VDA…+ Project management skill; Deep knowledge of EMS environment
- Skills on customer relation, technical support and internal audit
- Self-initiative, responsible, problem solving, customer oriented, work under pressure, flexible and adaptable to changes
- With good leadership skills, clear communication, organization, rigor, follow-up, reactivity and anticipation
- Willing to travel frequently
See more open positions and apply