Director, Software Development
Rolling Wireless is an international company with 20+ years of experience in developing cellular modems and software for automotive market. We are worldwide the largest 2nd Tier supplier of cellular modems to the automotive industry.
Working at Rolling Wireless is joining a multicultural team at a high growth organization.
We are hiring a Director, Software Development in Shenzhen.
Position / Assignment Purpose
You will play a pivotal role in leading the development of the Rolling Wireless Application Framework and HLOS software.
- The position has global R&D software development responsibility for the OS, middleware and application framework, reporting directly to the SVP, R&D of Rolling Wireless
- You will have the opportunity of leading a group of the most experienced developers. In addition, hire, grow and build a fast-growing team.
Key Accountabilities / Statement of Work
Your mandate includes
- support product and roadmap planning, making sure Rolling Wireless’ Application Framework remains competitive in the market
- ensure on-time delivery for project schedule, meeting quality standard
- build a stronger team both in technical domains and in development process
Bachelor or above degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- At least 10 years work experience in embedded Linux software development
- At least 3 years team management experience with no less than 15 developers
Experience in the following areas would be an advantage:
- Automotive Telematics software development experience
- AutoSAR development experience
- 3GPP Wireless technology background
- Open-source software licensing terms and conditions
Required Skills and Competencies
- Understands the nature of open source development. Solid understanding of Linux as a target platform and a development platform. Familiar with Linux software debugging tools, shell scripting and compilation/packaging environment
- Understands Application Framework solutions, hands-on development or architecture design experience in any one of the following - oFono, vsomeip, Automotive Grade Linux, Macchina.io, Google Android, etc.
- Understands SOA architecture and connectivity protocols (e.g. HTTPs, LWM2M, MQTT, CoAP, DTLS, JSON, RPC, REST)
- Understands security technologies for embedded devices, for example, Cryptography, Secure Boot, MAC control, Trust Zone, etc.
Seniority levelApply now →
See more open positions and apply